Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Portraits with Bokeh

I saw this on Shutter Sisters' Blog and thought it was a great idea. For the record, I'm not claiming any ownership of this. lol. Great inspiration though...think I'll have to try it myself!



This is the perfect time of year to experiment with those beautiful fuzzy orbs of light we call bokeh. A string of Christmas lights is the ideal tool for creating bokeh in the background. For this photo, I setup a backdrop with strings of lights draped over top of a cream colored blanket. Then I placed my cute little subject about 10 feet in front of the backdrop and set my aperture as low as I could (f2.5 in this case). What resulted was a soft, creamy glow of bokeh in the background.

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us and the holiday twinkle lights are going up, get out there and play around with bokeh! Show us your results, past and present so we can all get in the spirit of the season!

www.shuttersisters.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy...I must have missed this on Shutter Sisters. I can see a project in my near future :). Thanks for posting this!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?! I'm already plotting out a spot to try this! haha. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete