Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Day a Hot Air Balloon Landed at My House...



When I was little I had a very big imagination and was always curious about things. I remember in 3rd grade, I was laying in bed with the thermometer in my mouth...pretending to be sick so I could stay home from school. I remember trying to make my mouth as hot as I could to make my temperature rise. I guess kind of like telekinesis, but I didn't know it was called that back then. I laugh at that now...thinking I could use telekinesis to make the temperature rise...



Unfortunately, my mom wasn't buying it, and I knew it. I remember she was standing across the room picking out my outfit for school, when suddenly she stopped and looked out the window. She dropped the outfit and walked over to the window and says "Lindsey! There's a hot air balloon in the street in front of our house!"

I was only in third grade, but even then I knew how unbelievable that sounded. My mom was clearly trying to trick me out of bed to look, just to prove that I wasn't sick. (How often does a hot air balloon land in a neighborhood street?)

Eventually I couldn't resist anymore and had to check it out for myself. I shot out of bed and across the room to check it out (still not believing it, but curious enough). Well, she was right, there WAS a hot air balloon that had accidentally landed in the street right in front of our neighbor's house. How often does that happen?!?!?!

I remember thinking maybe there was a glitch in my telekinesis skills and instead of rising the temperature of the thermometer, it made this hot air balloon nearly land in front of my house! That day made me (at the very least) a believer of coincidences or strange occurrences. Thinking back on it now, I just wonder if it was my mom's telekinesis that made the balloon land, just to get me out of bed to go to school. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey, I love your hot air balloon story and such a great picture to go along. I also read the previous post about blogging mistakes. I think one of the hardest things for me to do is find titles for my blog posts!! I guess I'm not very creative that way!! Thanks for stopping by and following my blog!! I'll be following you through email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I agree, it's tough thinking of something clever off the cuff! Lol! I have a hard enough time just pulling together a post without over-thinking it. :-)

    ReplyDelete