Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Lindsey's Top Ten: Holiday Gift Guides for Photographers

I'm channeling Letterman with this post in my Top Ten Holiday Gift Guides for Photographers:  (except I'm starting with #1 as my favorite websites)



No. 1 - The Ultimate Photographers Gift Guide - Lens Pro To Go
The Lens Pro ToGo holiday list is a great list with a whole range of prices and products.  I found this list to be very helpful with basic to technical camera gear, lighting gear, software, and educational tutorials.  I found this list very helpful.  There are many things that caught my attention and I also would like. 


No. 2 - The Official 2011 Holiday Gift Guide - photo.tutsplus.com
The Photo Tuts list is on of my favorite lists because of the different price ranges and beginner to professional categories.  They have grouped items like camera straps, camera bags, clothing & accessories, tripods, DSLR cameras and basic digital cameras, lenses, memory cards, vintage cameras, and even some fun stocking stuffer ideas.  Sign me up for the Nifty Fifty lens.  I really want the Canon 50mm f/1.4.  :)




No. 3 - 2011 Holiday Gift Guide - Photo.net
Photo.net has a very detailed list with a variety of price ranges and products like camera gear, lighting gear, books and magazines, programs, cameras and lenses, etc.  I really liked the products I found in this list and found it very helpful. 
No. 4 - 2011 Holiday Gift Guide - I Heart Faces
The I Heart Faces list is also one of my favorites.  I love that there is a variety of items like camera gear, novelty photo gifts, wall decor, and even programs & presets.  This is a great list for amateur photographers and beginners.  I love that this list includes preset packages.

No. 5 - Photographer's Gift Guide for Clients - go4prophotos.com
Go4ProPhotos has a great list for the holidays, and the reason I like it is because its centered around photographers who are looking to buy gifts for their clients.  There are some very creative photo gifts like calendars, journals, wall decor, and some novelty photo gifts.  These gifts would be great for not only just clients, but also family members. 

No. 6 - A Different Gift Guide for Photographers - Photography Concentrate
Photography Concentrate's list is a lot of fun and has a whole variety of things photographers could want or need.  This list is categorized with Essentials, Cleaning Products, Fun Cameras, Software, Peripherals, Books and Magazines, Lenses & Cameras, and Educational Tutorials.




No. 7 - Photography Gifts Guide for the Holidays: $50 or Less - Photoshelter Blog
The Photoshelter Blog list has a lot of fun and trendy toys for photography.  Lens Cleaning kits, novelty iphone decor, basic lighting gear, and some other great "must haves".   I really liked the attachable zoom lens options for the iphone and the old school camera decal for the iphone.



No. 8 - Photographer's Gift Guide 2011 - theGlobeandMail.com
The Globe and Mail list is a simple list of 8 trendy photography products, like fun cameras, a camera bag, external hard drive, etc.  This list grabbed my curiosity with the program they have called the 'Strobist Lighting in Layers Video Series'. 

No. 9 - 18 Gifts Photographers Will Really Appreciate $100-250 - Adorama.com
The Adorama list is a very basic and technical list of high end gear.  Much more of a list for the professional photographer.  It has a tablet with stylus pen, printers, some advanced programs, etc.


No. 10 - Photography Gift Guide - LA Times
The LA Times list is definitely more technical with everything from negative scanners to the kindle.  My favorite item on this list is the pdf maker...not sure if that is really on a photographer's gift list, but it's still pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment